Here are some recent positive signs for homebuyers and sellers:
- Sales of new single-family houses increased 4 percent in March, according to the U.S. Census Bureau and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), total existing-home sales rose 1.1 percent in March.
- The NAR also reported that pending home sales inched higher in March for the second consecutive month.
- Thirty-seven percent of properties that closed in March sold at or above the list price, according to the March 2018 REALTORS® Confidence Index Survey.
- The Fannie Mae Home Purchase Sentiment Index (HPSI) rose 3.4 points in April, marking a new all-time survey high.