This post comes to you from Jon Parker (Owner – American Home Contractors)
Gardening, outdoor play, backyard barbecues—summer fun is here! These 7 tips can help spruce up your home for this sunny season.
1. Clean Outside Entertaining Areas. Remove dirt, leaves, mold, and mildew from decks and porches with soapy water and a hose, brush, or gentle power washer.
2. Wash Outdoor Furniture. Wipe down tables, chairs, and planters. Removable fabric covers can be thrown in a warm wash and then air-dried.
3. Prep Your Grill. Heat the grill for 10 minutes to loosen hardened material on cooking surfaces. Allow the grill to cool before cleaning it.
4. Tidy Up Flower Beds. Remove dead leaves, pull weeds, and till the top layer of soil. Add fresh mulch, and then plant new flowers.
5. Build Up the Lawn. Thicken grass by applying sod or planting grass seed in thin or bald spots.
6. Beautify Your Front Entrance. Wash the driveway and walkways to remove winter debris. Fill in cracks. Realign pavement bricks. Add fresh flowers in planters to provide vibrant color.
7. Inspect Siding, Roof, and Gutters. Winter weather can be tough on your home’s exterior. Care for any loose siding, missing roof tiles, and clogged gutters.
Enhance Your Home’s Exterior for Every Season
We hope these tips inspire you as you prepare your home for summer fun with family and friends. And remember, American Home Contractors can assist you with your home exterior improvement projects anytime!